Monday, August 14, 2006

Where's the Justice?




ok, so you guys remember the craziness that i had to endure at my old apartment, right? well, today's post is dedicated to the slimy piece of crap known as my ex-slumlord. for remembrance's sake, he was trying to rush me out of the apartment cuz he didn't like me. he offered me a lop-sided lease KNOWING i would object to it and leave which is what i did..................but there's more

ok, so after i had my lawyer serve him a letter stating how i relaized his antics were all in retaliation for personally disliking me and calling the city on him (when he ignored my water complaint), he got real scared, almost like a little puppy dog. he called me wanting to "negotiate." he requested that we not get lawyers involved and he then offered me the same type of lease he was advertising for instead of the crazy lease he offered me with almost $200 in extras that he just made up to screw me over. well, needless to say, i was not interested in making any deals with him to stay there since he made it painstakingly clear what type of dude he is. BUT, i did have a few requests in exchange for calling my lawyer off. 1-he needed to make up his mind and put in writing what he wanted to do about the construction i did in the apartment b/c the original agreement was that i return the apartment to its original condition when i leave, but when he was showing it to prospective tenants, he was offering it to them as if it was gonna stay. AND if he wanted it, he had to pay me for the materials it cost to build it. 2-i wanted US to do a walk-thru of the apartment together and have him sign off on the condition in front of me cuz i didn't trust him to do it after i left cuz he was liable to say i had a donkey hanging from a hole in the ceiling and find ways to subtract from my security deposit AND LASTLY, i wanted my security IN FULL on the day i was leaving instead waiting the 30 days that landlords are entitled to take when returning it. why? same reason as #2, i didn't trust him to return it to me IN FULL after i left cuz once i did my part of the deal, i KNEW he would try to find ways to not give me my money.

WELL, peoples, he agreed very willingly to these terms as long as i left and stopped the lawyer action. i still didn't trust him so i put it all on paper and asked him to sign it. he practically ran for the hills, saying there was no need to sign anything, we had an agreement, blah blah blah-it's all good. you can see where i'm going with this, OF COURSE when the day comes to do the walk thru, he forgets he has to work late and can't do it. on the day i was leaving and was to get my money, he finds issues with the apartment that would come from my security. ISSUE # 1-he claimed i put multiple holes in the walls. PEOPLE, i had approximately 6 nail size holes from which i hung pics and shelves WHICH were filled, sanded and painted over...so technically there were no more holes, but he claims the filling was done incorrectly and would have to be redone. it cost less then 15 dollars (materials from home depot) to do this but he claimed it would cost approx. $150 for him to have a professional come in and redo it. you know i was livid!!!! not to mention, who did he think was stupid? i knew good and well, that A) he wasn't gonna redo them, but even if he did B) he was gonna call chi-chi or nacho n'em to do it, give them $20 and a beer and call it a day, just like he did when the mexican fell thru my roof while installing pipes upstairs. ISSUE # 2-he claims the carpets were dirty. LAWD HELP ME!!!! the carpets were IMMACULATE!! i did not allow people to even walk on my carpets with shoes on. the issue with the carpet was that he installed the absolute CHEAPEST carpet made, so it was the kind that made big knitty balls when you walked across it/slid something across it. well, i busted TWO vacuum cleaners trying to get the knitty balls up, but you really needed a super industrial/professional joint because those big clump-balls would mess up the machines. so the carpets were fine, they just needed a good vacuum which i tried, but refused to do anymore after wasting money on two machines. long story short, he gave me not one red dime and i was pissed to high hell!!!

i refused to leave and said that since he was such a liar, i was gonna stay. i had done everything i agreed to do and he did nothing, so i was gonna squat in the apartment. he then said, if i left then, he would get back to me within a couple of days with the estimate for the walls and i could see the receipts from the workers and he would return the rest of my security after that, NOT taking the 30 days he technically had to return it to me. THAT WAS JUNE 27. i did not hear from him until JULY 22 when he left me a voicemail asking for my address to mail me my deposit. now you know i was like-what happened to the estimates? how much did it cost? how much are you trying to send? this was what i was trying to avoid, because he just wanted my address to mail me whatever. could have been $700, $500, or $50 for all i knew. but i was owed over a grand, so i was like-HOLD UP!!!! what amount are you sending? he refused to answer me. he told me he would not argue with me, that he was at work, and that was that. well, to protect myself, i gave him the address, but prepared for the BS i knew was brewing...........but i was NOT prepared for this......

i opened the envelope mailed to me bracing to see a check for a couple hundred dollars inside, instead this fool sent me a letter explaining that he not only withheld ALL OF MY SECURITY, but made up a laundry list of things and then said i owed him almost $1100 in addition to my full security-HA!!!!!!!!!!! i damn near fainted. but after my tirade, ya know i called up the lawyer and onward we march to justice.

i swear, i never knew some people could be so evil and deceitful!!! BTW, he said $400 of the money went to damages, $100 for the carpets that only needed vacuuming and $300 for the 6 nail holes. SIX NAIL SIZED HOLES COST $300 and i'm supposed to believe that!?!?!?! what an idiot. when he gets done, he'll regret the day he EVER thought he could screw me like my name was stanley! hate me or love me, i WILL teach him a lesson he'll never forget

WHERE'S JUDGE MATHIS WHEN YA NEED HIM!?!?!?!

12 Comments:

Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Dang girl you sound like me when it comes to people trying to pull the wool over my eyes..I ain't having I save paper so much and emails that I probably have emails saved from when I first started looking at certain apts...

5:43 PM  
Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

I love Judge Mathis too. Get that slumlandlord. Its a shame so many people are able to get over like him.

3:43 AM  
Blogger sweetness said...

be sted fast and i see victory at the end.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

OH HECK NAH!!!!

Get him girl!!!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get that cornball girl....ugggggggh I hate when folks try to get over!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Triflin.

I cant buh-LIEVE he is trying to play you like that, sis! Your instincts/intuition about him was right all along...he's grimy as hell. You should have pushed for him to sign those docs like u planned tho.

*rubbing chin* He's a slick one. Sic those lawyers on him QUICK!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

What'chu know about Judge Mathis? That's my hero. If that ain't me in 12 years then I just don't know nere.

Judge Mathis would eat up this story. This could be fun. Please tell us you gon call the hotline.

You were far too nice in your initial attack. You gave him far too much time to game plan against you. I know you see the error of your ways so doubt you'll be caught unaware again.

I hope you took pics of the damage he brought to your attention.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Adei von K said...

Oh HELLLLLLLLLLLL NO!!!!!!!! Girl, when are they going to realize not to mistake kindness for weakness?!?!?!? OMG!!! He mighta lost his monkey-ass mind!!!! Oooh, you know I'm down for teaching dudes lessons...get 'em!!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

God lets these things happen to bloggers so we have something to talk abt. this is cah-raaaaaaaaaaaazy. i can't wait until your lawyers get your money!! that's great!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

honey-libra-you are so right...good thing i did catch him up a few times and saved some things that could work against him in court

BNB-i swear judge mathis is the best!!! i wish i could go on the show!

sweetness-thanks, and i am definitely following thru on this one

ladynay-it doesn't play to mess with mrs. a!

ms. na-see, thats my problem, i usually give folks too much credit and it bites me in the butt

sylvia-girl, if you could have seen how this man would run as fast as he could when i asked him to cooperate. he knew what he was doing, but he messed with the wrong one

shawn, ok, how you know i looked into the show!?!?! but i didn't have time for that...i had to get my complaint going, bu tif the show was in NY, maybe i would have pusued it more ;-) anyhoo, yeah, i let him get his plan on, but i also took precautions and HELL YEAH i have pics!!!!! thing was, i was hoping he would take more than the legal 30 days to contact me, that way he would automatically lose. thats why i didn't contact him...and he did just what i thought.....

stacie-why can i see you jumping up and rolling your eyes in the courtroom, like ummm,hmmmmmmmm "you thought you was slick!" LOL


jameil-hey i like that theory, good one!!! i can't wait for my dollars either...oooh, maybe i can get pics of his slimy *ss!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Soulfull said...

That slimy toad! Now he knows he ain't right, but I'm confident you will handle yo biz girl!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Elle Jefe said...

oh see he wanna go act a fool. i know he knew you could act a fool right along with him. get that fool girl!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home