Monday, June 05, 2006

You Make Me Sick, You Fat Hairy Piece of Dog Poo!

well peoples, the time has come to update you all on my living situation. as you know, i live in a crazy environment. it goes without saying that i am the only sane person living there and have had nothing but problems since i moved in. now, let's track back so you can understand why i'm having problems now. when i moved in, no one had lived there. it was a renovated place and it seemed cool. NOT SO!!! once i moved in, i realized that my slumlord was conducting renovations upstairs from me which equaled many early mornings and late nights of banging, knocking, hammering, sawing, yelling, etc. for the first four months, i had NO peace. during these first few months, i called my slumlord a lot to complain because these workers were getting comfortable picking crazy hours to work. i figured he was tired of me complaining, but i was always nice and hey, i paid my rent, i deserved a LITTLE quiet, at least at seven in the morning. well, thanksgiving rolls around. i go to detroit for the weekend. on thanksgiving day i get a call from slumlord. guess what? a mexican fell through my ceiling into my kitchen! i had A FIT!!!!!!!!!!!! my cat was there alone, so i knew she was freaking out and i could only imagine what the place looked like. god forbid i had company for thanksgiving...it would have been ruined. but i was so pissed, because slumlord picked up random immigrants and paid them pennies to do work around there. well, what happens when you don't get professionals? it's raining immigrants!!!!!!!!!! i sent someone over there to check on the place and report the condition cuz slumlord was playing it down, making it seem like no big deal. the report was not good. my entire kitchen and living room had been covered in a thick dust blanket. slumlord said he'd get his (immigrant) wife to clean up...but when i returned, i could tell she only did a surface clean. ya'll know what that is...just wiping the front and top of things. but the dust was so thick, it was inside the cabinets, in every nook and cranny, even covering the walls and lastly-MY POOR CAT!!! she was a funky beige-gray. my cat is white as the driven snow. just to touch her set off a dust cloud. i was LIVID!! i demanded that he reimburse me to have my place PROFESSIONALLY cleaned and for my cat to be groomed. he reluctantly agreed. i couldn't stay there for a while cuz i couldn't breathe in that much dust due to my own conditions.

here comes new year's. i had 3 friends come visit from down south. we had a whole weekend planned for fun. well, little did i know that adam, olivia and tashi picked this same time to move in. and how did i find out? in the wee hours of the morning when we were on our way back home from the club. i couldn't pull in to park because adam had wedged his too damn big moving truck in the entryway and couldn't get it out. he had his car hitched to the back so that made it difficult to move. well, my issue is that i do not park my car on the street. i HAVE a parking space and i wanted to get to it. well after waiting an hour or so, they got the damn truck out of the way, but i was pissed cuz we needed to be asleep due to our very hectic plans. the next day we go out, come back and the same thing again....the damn truck!!! at this point, i called my people to come over and cuss out slumlord cuz i'm like-how are you allowing people to just come and do what they want and inconvenience everyone else. i don't do stuff like that. you have other tenants here who have things going on and don't have time for this, etc. nonetheless, there was a small melee outside and finally the truck was moved. for the next few months, pablo and margarita decided to make their presence known. this is when i really started to witness their foolishness. they started playing "gasolina" 77 times in a row and margarita must have lost her cell phone because she took to hollering out of the window at pablo on a frequent basis. i made several complaints against their noise but most times, they continued to be loud. i continued to complain to slumlord but he rarely did anything.

enter water problems. now, i had not had issues with the water until adam and company moved in. i swear they took about 7 showers a day-EACH. maybe they did so cuz they weren't used to having showers? i don't know...but whatever the case, they were always running the water! i tried to time them and use the water when they weren't but i was like-WTF!!! i pay my rent. i should be able to use my water when i want. freak this! well, the day came when i had somewhere to go and i was washing my hair. with soap in my hair, the water turned ice cold and slowed to a trickle. WTF!?!?!?!?! i called slumlord and he pretty much dismissed me saying there was nothing he could do about it. ok, well i called someone who could do something-THE CITY!!!! two hours later, the city had tested the water which was STILL 40 degrees colder than it should have been because slumlord is running too many apartments off of a water heater thats too small. my plans were ruined and i was pissed. i figured he would be pissed at me for calling them but i had to show him i was not the one to mess with. i had been very agreeable and nice...to the point where he felt like he didn't have to address me or take me seriously.

well, payback time has arrived. my lease is up and he arrives with a new lease that is CRAZAY!!!!! he was offering me a lease to stay there but it would cost me about $200 more dollars after he finished instituting his changes. i was outraged. i figured he was doing this to make me say i would leave because the lease was completely lop-sided. well, long story short....i agreed to leave but he wanted to me to commit to leaving in 30 days. WHY THE F*CK AM I BEING RUSHED OUT!?!?! you have crackheads upstairs, africans who use up the utilities like there is no tomorrow and me. truth be told, he doesn't like me because i do not allow him to be the slumlord he truly wants to be. whereas the other people are pretty low-class and don't care about much, i am like-um, fix this, do that, this is wrong, too loud, too this, too that, blah blah blah! i just had to call the cops on some folks playing their music too loud yesterday! come to find out, he had advertised for the apartment and none of the proposed changes are going to take place once i'm out- basically, he tricked me into believing that if i stayed, i would have to pay out the *ss. since he knew i wouldn't stand for that, i agreed to leave. but he never intended on making these changes. he knows me well enough to know i would leave and he could do whatever after i was gone. can you believe that after all of the madness that i have endured, i, ME, MISS FAB-U-LOUS F*CKING A is being treated this way? for now, i have to resist the urge to have someone whoop his ass, slash his tires, or spraypaint his van. or maybe even abduct him, hogtie him and drag him into the woods and make him listen to gasolina over and over while immigrants blew sawdust in his face repeatedly, let shampoo drip into his eyes burning him until he goes blind and then spray him with cold water until he begs for mercy. for now, i'll try to stick to the legal tricks and resist the temptation that would soothe my mind.

well, enter lawyers, and my team of people who are plotting our revenge...................stay tuned to find out what happens next!

16 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Now what would possess a sane person to kick out a good tenant? I swear people love to be around ignorance. He definitely needs his ass whooped. He thinks he's getting you back for making him to do his job properly. I hope he doesn't get away with it.

I definitely want to know what happens. Please keep us posted.

The bright side is maybe this is the push you needed to remove yourself from the drama at Melrose Place International.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl that is a mess! You should be able to make him pay you with all the dram you have had to endure....Good luck with that...slumlords are the pits!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

shawn-oh, i definitely have FRESH motivation to leave...but truth is, he's class prejudiced. he figured if he filled these apartments with (what he assumes are low-class) coloreds, he could just kick his feet up and chill. little did he know that i am from one of the burbiest burbs in america and am used to living a certain way. everyone in both buildings is an immigrant, except me. my team has concocted a plan and the wheels are turning now...the update should come soon!

mz. na-i know thats right! i really hate the fact that he is making me even play the game...but sometimes you have to so folks know whats up.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Adei von K said...

"revenge is like the sweetest thing next to getting..." clearly, I don't get 'that' but the line is oh-so-fitting. You need to sabotage the place miss fab-u-lous a!!! i'll come up with some tactics; some devious but can't put a finger on me type ish and holla! i'm pissed for you!!! he tried to play you!!!!! boo nigga, boo!!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Blogger won't let me comment!!!! UGH

What I have been basically trying to say is I can't wait for the update and I hope you find a classier and cheaper place to lay your head....

2:18 PM  
Blogger AWE said...

Kick his ass.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

lmao!!!!!!!!!!! that was hilarious. girl puhleeeeeeeeeeez. why would you want to stay there? i mean i know its the principal and you don't want to leave, but come on...

on the other hand... what the hell will we do for a good ass story w/margaritaville and coming to america? the world may never know.... oh yeah... until you leave! can't wait for pt. II

3:33 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

stacie-holla at cha girl!! i'm all about revenge!!!!!!

ladynay-thank you.....ya'll will be aware of the madness as SOON as it unfolds

awe-i concur!

jameil-whoa! don't get it twisted. i had every intention on moving....BUT i did not appreciate him trying to push/rush me out AND him lying to me by trying to be slick. i would have appreciated if he had come to me and even said-i don't think this is working, we don't get along and you may want to find somewhere else...i mean KEEP IT REAL!! but DO NOT try to hoodwink me. don't treat me like my m-f'ing name is stanley...and that's why i'm pissed. he thought i had just fell off the turnip truck. my niceness was mistaken for weakness and that is why i'm heated. my thing was-i'm going, but i'm going when i get ready, not when you TELL me especially since i'm minding my biznazz (most times). thats the only principle i care about. freak the actual place. i will miss those crazy neighbors tho-ARGH!!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Clay said...

i have to say i love your blog but being that you say your occupation as "slavery" - is a cackle! lol

4:32 PM  
Blogger Elle Jefe said...

*singing* its raining men...hallelujah its raining men amen! lol

but on the real your slumlord is bogus, that's the kind of person that would really get me heated. but see i would be the one to mail a letter to the new tenant and be like this is what's up in that hell hole you live in! have fun!

11:21 AM  
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

Oh un un...he clearly tried the system...you could put a little shug avery piss in his water....lol

8:36 PM  
Blogger Soulfull said...

Oh yea, his ass needs to be tried in the court of public opinion. What's that you wrote about, allowing folks to throw eggs and tomatoes at crazy folks? Yeah, you need to line this idiot right in front of the firing squad. As my mother would say, give 'em hell girl! :)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Don't Oppress Me said...

Gon’ ahead and whoop his ass!
Yeah, that requires an ass whooping of the extremely niggerish variety.
Or you could recruit Tashi and them to do the African boot dance on his ass.
[You know, like Ashanti was doing in that dumb ass video.]

LMAO Falling Mexicans is a T-shirt waiting to happen

3:29 AM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

clay-thanx! come back anytime

shenehneh-i know thats right....i spent the rest of the night looking like a frizzy poodle :-P

L-i was thinking of putting the new person up on the business but i figured, they'll learn like i did. sucks, but oh well..i got my own back now, seeing as how people are so shady

suezette-LOL, but i wouldn't offer him a drink of water if he was on fire and no one's sink worked on earth but mine

soulfull-oh please believe, he's getting hell on high water :-D

chris-and devious!

D.O.M.-LOL at the boot dance and YES!!! that shirt would be hot to death HA HA HA!!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Jarrod said...

You say slumlord in such a negative tone. I like the term Manager of Ghetto Housing.

5:56 AM  
Blogger GreatWhyte said...

Adam, Olivia, and Tashi??????? That has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life!! Your slumlord sounds like he is on that white :)

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home