Monday, August 07, 2006

From Miss A. to Mrs. A................

UPDATE:::dear bloggies, i have been nominated by my homie shawn for "best humor blog" at the blackweblog awards
RULES: Only one ballot can be submitted per person. You can only enter one website in each field in the nomination form. If you feel a website can qualify for more than one category, feel free to submit it for several categories. However, you can only submit one website for each field. Think of it like a presidential election...except with no hanging chads or faulty Diebold machines.

You must have a valid e-mail address to submit a ballot. Your information will not be used in any other way except for ballot tabulation, but fake and "anti-spam" addresses will not be accepted. Actually, the form will take them, but those ballots will be deleted.

i know i have slacked on my wacky stories, but if you can remember blogs from the day of yore that made you chuckle and feel like voting, that would be great!
thanx peoples!

Blog fam!! I’ve missed you so…..and judging from today’s title, I’m sure you have pieced together the reason behind my recent hiatus – that’s right people, all the while I was gone, I was finishing up my wedding plans and preparing for the big day. Let me provide my disclaimer:
I did not blog about my upcoming nuptials just in case I had a runaway groom on my hands OR if he would get to the altar and change his mind (wink!)
Anyhoos, since he didn’t pull a Houdini on me, I can share a few snippets from that day...but first, some background.

We had planned to have an intimate garden ceremony a la adam & eve. Then the idea came about to throw a little p. diddy in the mix and make it an all white affair-meaning everyone wear white-EVERYONE! I thought that since it would be outside amongst all of the rich foliage and garden colors, it would look crisp, fresh and classic. Enter issue # 1: now I know some people may not have attended affairs with color schemes/requirements before, but you wouldn’t believe some of the confusion that erupted from this request. I found myself having to actually call people 3-4 times just to reinforce what was meant cuz some people still thought all white meant some white with whatever other color I want to wear….so towards the end, my speech was “all white, not white pants with a pink shirt, not blue pants with a white shirt and not a white dress with green flowers….ALL WHITE. The only thing that can be non-white are shoes and accessories.” It seemed very elementary, but folks were really planning on throwing their personal spice into their outfits and ya’ll know I was not having it! i was really frustrated cuz it's summer so white is everywhere and it was gonna be outside, so people just needed to get something comfortable, nothing too extravagant or crazy with sequins and glitter, cuz wasn't nobody looking at the audience anyways :-P but you woulda thunk i asked people to dust off the armani and buy some new gucci....le sigh! Enter issue #2: weather. With outdoor weddings, you always play russian roulette and hope for the best. The Saturday before, there was non-stop rain so I was like-cool! Its highly unlikely that it would rain 2 Saturdays in a row, right? WRONG! The weather reports were saying that it was going to rain Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday. YIKES!!! Of course I was on pins and needles because my whole vision would have been flushed down the crapper if it rained. There would be no lush green background to absorb all of the fabulous white outfits. No fresh flowers peeking along the garden, no room for our guests (cuz the backup location was small), and no happy bride cuz a lot of the décor was for outside use only. Then during the week, the weather report changed, saying it would rain thursday, friday, and sunday, but skipping saturday. This made me even more nervous, cuz why was saturday gonna get skipped like that. And I mean-they were predicting serious thunderstorms, so my nerves were a frayed mess until I woke up saturday morning to not only bright sunshine, but 100 degree heat and unbearable humidity. But I did NOT complain, cuz at least it wasn’t raining. But I must digress, cuz there was a travel fiasco. My maid of honor was scheduled to come in Thursday evening at 10:30 pm. But due to the impending thunderstorms (that never happened that night) her flight was cancelled. So here we go…on a wild goose chase to figure out what to do. They were trying to get her on a flight the next day, but that would have been a mess, cuz it was supposed to storm again, so what if they cancelled that flight? Plus, we had too much to do and I needed her there that night. So they put her on another airline which brought her into laguardia, the most god-awful airport known to man, almost 1 ½ hours from me, arriving at the eye-popping hour of 2:00 AM. ya’ll know I was a wreck. Here I am with my mapquest, driving in the dead of night/morn with my other out-of-town bridesmaid fighting that crazy ny traffic. But alas, she got here and we laid our heads to rest around 4 am. The next day was sheer pandemonium….the whole day was spent tying up loose ends, ripping and running, ending the day with rehearsal and dinner. Well, one bridesmaid got stuck in Brooklyn and missed the rehearsal by the skin of her teeth, we got separated on our way to dinner and half the folks got lost and I ended up tired and cranky by the end of the night. But do ya think I rested? Oh no….me and the MOH still had things to do, so we got to sleep sometime around 1:30. ok, so its wedding day and it’s the ball crack of dawn and time for hair-BOO! I am sooooo not a morning person, especially when I didn’t get my normal ten hours of sleep and when it’s one skillion degrees…but oh well. All day was crazy, hair flying everywhere, makeup being thrown around, nails and toes being slung in different directions….but all came together.

Until dun, dun duuuuuuuun, as I was getting ready upstairs, I had a perfect view of guests as they arrived, so ya’ll know I was peeping their outfits. Well, all was well, until what did my eyes witness? PEACH!?!?!?! Through the bushes and o’er the trees and I peeped the faintest hint of peach. So I’m like- who in the fresh hot hell is stepping up in this piece in peach? Who is peach-in-the-bush? Who the freak is peach-in-the-bush!?!?!?! I didn’t even know this chick, which angered me more, so I sent hubby on a mission to remedy the issue cuz I had sista on the first thing smoking away from my wedding ceremony. Another guest ended up having to take her shopping in a strange and unfamiliar town for something all white cuz she was the ONLY one who showed up bucking the system. In all truth, it was her date’s fault (a member of the wedding party-gasp!) for not making sure she was tight, but I didn’t care cuz I meant business about the white. In the end, that day couldn’t have been more perfect……….

the wedding party

me and pops

being all serious (and fabulous)

getting our prayer on

it's official!


me & lil' bro

gettin' our ghetto on!!

smooches!

yummy!!!!!!!!

after night-fall

super cheese face!

thanks guys for being patient with me...............I'm BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!

OH, and before i forget, DID YA'll CATCH FLAVOR OF LOVE 2 LAST NIGHT WHEN THAT NASTY SKANK "SOMETHIN'" TOOK A POOP ON THE FLOOR (or as she says, it just pushed its way out cuz she couldn't hold it anymore), PICKED IT UP, AND DROPPED SOME ON THE STAIRS ON HER WAY TO THE BATHROOM!?!?! WTF!?!?!?!? WHO DOES THAT? WHO POOPS UNCONTROLLABLY???? AND WHO HAS NO SHAME WHEN THEY DO DROP POOP ALL OVER THE PLACE???? I HAVE NO WORDS....................

25 Comments:

Blogger Ladynay said...

Let me be the first blogger to say congrats!

You look beautiful in those pix!

I just knew were comming back with a bombshell post and you can't get no better than that!

Congrats again dollface, or should I type MRS. Dollface!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

oh btw, you are a good one to go all this time and not post anything about the wedding! Most folks (women) can't keep it to themselves! LOL

10:30 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Congrats on the wedding!! It's a beautiful thing...

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wedding!!!!Congrats!!! Like Nay said...you were good to keep it hid all that time cause most women would have been like "I's gettin' married" LOL I the pictures Adore the wedding cake....Love it!! Love it!!! Love it!!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said...

Congrats on your weding(spell). I am so happy you are back.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wedding was the bomb! I had a great time! I wish you all the best! Love ya!

Now about FOL2...A MESS!! That was so nasty! Why couldn't she just excuse herself? Flave is cool...he wouldn't have cared! That is just gross!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Soulfull said...

Oh my goodnesssss! CONGRATULATIONS CHICA! Those pictures were absolutely beautiful and I'm glad your all-white affair was everything you wanted it to be! (LOL@the peach through the bush!!)


Okay, what can I say about Flava???? I'm at a complete loss as to where they found these women, but my word, losing your bowels definitely can't make you wifey material.....

3:51 PM  
Blogger Don't Oppress Me said...

Awww…married! Congratulations.
Thats so romantic and stuff.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Adei von K said...

OMG!!!!! I am toooooooooooooooo excited and happy for you MRS. A!!! The pics are beeutiful and I can't believe you sent someone away! Hey, like you said, she was probably trying to be jazzy and different. Not here! Not now!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

YAY!!!!!! that's fab. i love that you sent away the "peach in the bush!!" hilarious!! and that you sent the hubby to do your bidding. that is great.

and fol2... horrific. WHORE-ific.

i love how you got the official pic where he's wearing your lipstick. adorable. and the ghetto one reminds me of taking a pic of some small children, around 8 or so. one yelled out "prison pose!" and they all did. where is yo momma? appalling. (but i giggled when i got home... hahahahahaahaha!!!)

2:13 AM  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

that was one hell of a secret...I'm pissed you kept us in the dark.

Lol.

BTW...congrats...

2:15 AM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

naynay!!!!!!!!! - you had me crackin up with your lil' foot tapping & arm crossing...lol, but thank you sooooo much. you win for being #1 in the comment section. choose your prize-my autograph or my autograph poster size HA HA HA!!!

charles-thank you very very much. it truly is a beautiful thing!

ms. na-you know, i was fighting the powers that be cuz i wanted to blog about it, but in all truth if i had started, every blog prolly would have been about that-BOO! and honey, that cake tasted even better than it looked which was a shocker!

BIB-thanks hon!!! it's good to be back-WHOOPEE!!!

steph-aw, thanx for even being there. it was truly one for the books. i still have no words about the poop...i just can't imagine such an action!

soulfull-thank you!!!! the white thing really made it that much better for me. i gotsta be outta the box sometimes, but it really looked great-except for PIB. now about flav, i am interested to see how much longer she lasts cuz that is straight nasty. and she PICKED IT UP!!! with what!?!?! did she disinfect the stairs/floor? sterilize her hands? i mean, that is beyond grotesque

D.O.M.-thank you! it was like i was watching a movie....very surreal and dreamlike (gush!)

stacie-thanks! i was sooooo very serious about the dress code and i figured that if you knew/cared about us, obliging our request wouldn't be an issue, but since she was a random, she didn't get the picture. but that still didn't exempt her from almost being ousted...too bad so sad!

jameil-HA HA HA!!! thank you, and you're right, someone did yell out something and we just were like-BAM! listen, my lil brother walked me halfway down the aisle and we almost did a little breakdance or something, but saved it for afterwards. we're silly like that!

spchrist-yeah, i'm still shocked i was able to keep it on the hush, but thank you!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Awwww....CONGRATS, sis!!!! It's such a blessing to find ur someone!

You looked breath-taking in those pics. Picture perfect, girl. I'm sooo happy for you! =)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Gallis said...

Aw so nice! You look just beautiful.

She's fresh! Excccccciiiiiiiiiiiiiting.

Ahem.

I'm surprised you didn't take a cue from your ghetto wedding expertise and get some red and gold in there!

I'm SO glad you're back!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Ok...so I am late for the official Return of Miss A...'cuse me Mrs A. party but after enduring my own personal thunderstorm I have finally arrived.

First order of business congrats on jumping broom. I am glad the day went off without a hitch 'cept for Ms Peach in the bush. Hahaha!

Next time don't stay gone for so long. You have been missed greatly.

Now on to the wedding pics:

Where is my pic of bride and/or groom with tears of joy in their eyes? I've been robbed...robbed I say.

ghetto pic is hilarious.

me thinks the pastor got away with with too much gold accent on the 'fit...now how did that slip pass the soon to be Mrs A?

Forgive my ignorance but I noticed the bridesmaids weren't matching. Is that the new wedding trend?

Love the pics...you guys look happy and content.

FoL2:
The premiere of ALL premieres. I never imagined they could top season 1. Ha! Who was I to doubt Flava Flaaaaaavvvv. I hoped for the best and prepared for the worst. Then I braced myself as I watched, not knowing what to expect. My fear of FoL the 2nd edition being a shell of its former self was was wasted energy. They are doing it big. I don't think I coulda asked for a better start to 2nd season.

Best Moments for me:
1. "You can't pull out 800 dollar weave." "She tried to pull out my track so I had to beat her." "you want some lip chap?" <---who says lip chap? LOL! RIP Sapphire. You will be missed.

2. Flavation <---what the hell did Like Dat say? She was making the most sense to yo' boy Flav...and that's all that matters.

Ya girl Somethin gets a smack for the squat and crap move.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

sylvia-thanks honey! i'm still on cloud 9...

zesty-now you's a trip!! red & gold=BLEH!!!!! thanks and it's good to be back

shawn-oh, i hope all is well with you...at the end of storms are rainbows! now about crying wedding pics, honey, i was NOT messing up that makeup job! i refused. cuz i wouldn't have known how to fix it, so i had to keep it together. and the gold & white outfit was approved by me. i let him have that since he was a key player (and i'm related to him). in regards to the bridesmaids, the #1 priority was them being in white. secondly, i wanted them to be comfortable since they all had different body types. i can't STAND when 5 different types of women try to fit into the same dress where one may have huge boobs, one may not have any, one may be full-figured, one is scrawny....i just wanted them to look nice, so i let them have free reign with that.

now, about FOL2, i just cannot believe how hard these chicks are coming out!!!! and you're right, couldn't have been a better premier-EVER!!!! but beyond sapphire's craziness, i couldn't have taken that voice much longer-ter-ri-ble!!!!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

How did I know you were going to say you didn't want to mess up your makeup? I was robbed I say...robbed.

The voice was hilarious. She killed me when she first spoke.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Elle Jefe said...

YAY! My baby's married! *sounding like somebody's grandma*

CONGRATS! The pics are gorgeous, you looked ravishing my darling!

12:54 PM  
Blogger sweetness said...

applaud you. you looked absolutely stunnin. i admired the fact you stuck to ur gun and sent the peach ahuntin. you keep this event to urself so you could come back with a bang. it shows so much self control. you look happy and i pray blessin apond ur new fam.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby Tree: The wedding was really beautiful and I am glad that it was everything u wanted besides peach in the bushes....U IS MARRIED NOW...lol...Can u believe it? I am so happy for u and I wish u the best and u know I always have your back...I was overjoyed at being a part of your wedding and was happy to help with anything u needed

Love always baby bean

PS...I am so glad that I didn't have to stop u from beating anybody down...Now that would have messed up your beautiful make up and dress..and we didn't want that

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

shawn-ah, you already knew the business...LOL!

L-thanx granny!!! HA HA!

sweetness-thank you for your prayers and compliments. and i meant BUSINESS with the white!!! woulda karate-chopped someone if i could. HI-YAH!!!!!!

candy-what can i say? you're the best. and it meant the world to have you there. love to ya times infinity for being my girl! we shall chat.....

1:42 PM  
Blogger ..Sue...Zette... said...

CONGRATULATIONS CUZOOOOO!! I am so happy for you. You look simply radiant!! May the Lord bless your union.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Aww congrats you all look so fabalous together LOL..but in all seriousness may God bless you in your union :)

5:46 PM  
Blogger Olawunmi said...

Broken-hearted, how on earth will i go on now? somebody stole my heart y'all!!!!

damn, can you hear my heart breaking? no, that's not thunder you're hearing, its the sound of my pulmonary muscles giving up! and the rain you feel is the opening of the storm valves on my tears. this is going to be one long cry.

lol.

okay, i'm done playing. congratulations babe. i wish you both all the happiness that's possible. you both look so beautiful.

congratulationsz!!!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beutiful pics..Congrats..BLACK LOVE!!!

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home