Thursday, February 23, 2006

My Nickel Bag o' Funk

hmmmmm, so i've seen a few posts where people have divulged info about themselves and allowed questions from the blogiverse to be answered at a later date....so i figured -Why Not? Not to mention, a fellow blogger asked me "who i was," so behold my Little Known Facts and i encourage you to post any questions you would like me to answer in the next post.....

MISS A's NICKEL BAG O' FUNK!!!


1. I wore braces from 11th grade to freshman year in college cuz of a cross-bite...lol
2. I got into spelman college (didn’t think I would), chickened out and didn’t go, then said I would transfer second semester and chickened out AGAIN
3. I have a younger brother who looks older than me
4. I love all things pink, purple or pink-and-green, but fashion wise, I love black
5. I am terrified of all insects great and small
6. I have obsessive compulsive disorder
7. I was robbed by a crackhead once
8. I played detective and caught the crackhead the day after he robbed me
9. I really enjoy wine
10. I don’t like that my legs are so long
11. I would like to have plastic surgery one day (4 total)
12. I am probably one of the most sensitive people walking around planet earth
13. I love Clorox products
14. I paint but am too afraid to let people see my paintings
15. I am a fool for romance and sweet little gestures
16. I am a fool for romance and sweet big gestures
17. I have an addiction to body products, especially lotions and creams
18. I was a closet smoker for a (very) brief period of time-YUK! how gross!
19. I have a high liquor tolerance
20. I have a low BS tolerance
21. I have been thrown out of a Target before
22. I was an awkward looking person until about age 20
23. Now, I’m too fabulous for words :-)
24. I burned my right leg on a motorcycle pipe once
25. I love stilettos
26. I can cook but am usually too lazy to actually do it
27. I will go buy new underwear if I haven’t made it to the Laundromat yet
28. I like to eat marshmallow fluff from the jar
29. I’m in love
30. I like to tan, including tanning beds
31. I’ve been stalked and harassed by a man and a woman
32. I’ve caked a car before (poured rotten eggs, oil, flour and sugar on it)
33. I worry about smells a lot so I overdose on candles and oils
34. I can wake up in the morning and start eating candy
35. I used to be addicted to coca-cola (two 6-packs a day) and it landed me right in the hospital
36. I’m extremely hard-headed
37. My high school got hit by a tornado when I was a sophomore, so I had to go to school from 12p-5p at a rival school across town
38. I can talk myself out of speeding tickets really well (9 so far)
39. I got a ticket for doing 30 in a 25 once and couldn’t talk my way out of it
40. I have osteo-arthritis in my knees
41. I despise people who live in America and can’t speak/understand (basic) English
42. The first time I got drunk, I tinkled on someone’s front lawn
43. It took me 5 ½ years to graduate from college
44. I am mildly obsessed with queen latifah, tracee ellis ross, and brandy (they are friends in my head)
45. I drink Pepto-Bismol from the bottle
46. I currently chew 1 ½ fat packs of big-red gum per day
47. I have 3 godchildren, 2 girls, 1 boy
48. I feed my cat people food (like chicken, bread, vanilla frosting, doughnuts, etc.) even though I know I shouldn’t
49. I cried the first time I had to drive in snow
50. I lost 33 pounds last year
51. I only own Nike sneakers
52. I stood up to a corporate head once and she loved me for it
53. I taught behaviorally disturbed autistic adult men for 5 months
54. I suffered 4 injuries during that teaching stint
55. I yelled at Shawn Wayans at the front desk of a hotel I used to work at-before I realized who he was
56. I was pushed into Keenan Ivory Wayans while I was in a wheelchair once by an immigrant airport worker after I had surgery
57. I once worked at a Center for Earthquake Research and don’t know a thing about earthquakes
58. My high school guidance counselor loved me so much that she took me out of school one day and took me shopping and for apple pie
59. I love Star Jones-Reynolds
60. I have an all-white cat named Starr Jonez
61. I want an all-black cat that i will name Weslee Snipez

62. I worry myself sick sometimes
63. I got passed over for a job that I was qualified for so it could go to the niece of the Head Honcho’s friend - and i made sure she got a traffic ticket during her first week (I GOT THE HOOK-UP!! Holla of ya hear me!!)
64. I have had 2 near death experiences at the hands of my best friend’s driving
65. I had one near death experience at the hands of a too-short Chinese girl while we were in driving school
66. I had one near death experience at the hands of myself (hydroplaned after speeding one night in the rain)
67. I had a car accident in a rental car once
68. I sleep with an eye mask
69. I couldn’t date until I was 18
70. I didn’t turn 18 until I graduated from high school-HA!
71. I’m a good road-trip driver
72. I feel like slapping a b*tch
73. I watch way too much reality tv
74. I only drink room temperature Poland Springs bottled water
75. I am certified to draw blood from people
76. I cry when I am stuck with needles
77. I am paranoid about wrinkles
78. I hate milk, i.e. when eating cold cereal I only put enough in to wet the cereal, but don’t get any on the spoon
79. I broke my ankle the night before I graduated from high school by skipping down a lumpy front yard
80. I wish I could play the piano
81. *get up & get, get, get down, 9-1-1 is a joke in yo’ town-hee, hee
82. I’ve had my lungs collapsed
83. I cried like a baby when queen latifah’s mother stood 5 feet away from me (too scared to say anything)
84. I’m a perfectionist
85. I got mononucleosis as a senior in high school from drinking out of a contaminated cup at the prom
86. Me and my doctor share the same first name as a “freaky” singer (mine's spelled differently)
87. I’ve always wanted to do a toothpaste commercial
88. I wish I had a complete “Fraggle Rock” DVD collection and an old school Nintendo game set w/ Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 & 3
89. I am extremely squeamish about other people’s bodily things like hair and fingernails/toenails on the floor (hey, include myself in that statement-it all freaks me out)
90. I burned the veil of a bride whose wedding I was coordinating (with an iron of course) and she never knew (cuz I’m the shizz!)
91. I despise all gelatinous substances, i.e. pudding, jell-o, meringues
92. I love sushi and plum sake
93. I’m allergic to other people’s kids (except for my g-kids)
94. I detest them so much, I cursed out a smart-mouthed 8-year-old at the hair salon once
95. No, I didn’t feel bad…I warned him and his mama!
96. I’m smarter than most people think I am
97. I’m good at mixing drinks
98. Once while playing hide-and-seek in the dark, I fell and a radio antenna went straight up into my nose (Ouch!)
99. I only like soups that are cream-based, not water/broth based
100. My plants at home are named Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, Mike & Ralph (I didn’t include Johnny with his home-wreckin’ *zz!)
101. I am extremely uncomfortable around large groups of colored people in/around my neighborhood (yes, I said colored)

102. I am a HOT BEYATCH!!!!!!!!! And I Love It!!!!!!!!!!

if u do have questions to ask, post now and i will answer on monday's post! smooches!!

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off nice pic...damn it I dispute # 64....Very interesting though...I don't think I can make a list that long

11:58 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I wore braces for 3 1/2 years. I am now obsessed with teeth. I notice other people's imperfections rather quickly.

I feel like I'm allergic to kids too. You cussed out an 8 year old? YOU are out of control. When is your reality tv show debuting again?

that milk - cold cereal thing you do is just plain off.

Please why those 3 actresses are your imaginary friends?

What are the 4 plastic surgeries? What are the chances you have the operations performed?

"and we can pump, pump
all through the night till the early morn"

12:09 PM  
Blogger Ladynay said...

Well daggone! Nice to meet cha! I didn't read all hunnad and some odd tidbits, but I know enough for now! LOL Be back later!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Jameil said...

hahahahaha (partially). i read the first part of this standing up. then my mouth fell open. then i took a lunch break. then i came back to read more. started laughing. then my eyebrows shot into my hairline. there was so much i don't even know where to start. i think my fave fact is the cussing out the 8-year-old or maybe the crackhead. hahahahahahahaha!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Pic Miss A...lemme just ssay I skimmed the list and will read it when I get home...Nice to meetcha tho

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought of something...Do your online folks know more aboutcha them some of the blockheads you see erryday....Hahahaha...mine do *snicker* I am reserved with folks

2:06 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

WOW stalked by a man and a woman...that's serious plus robbed by a crackhead I wonder if he was surprised that you found him....lol

2:50 PM  
Blogger AWE said...

Nice pic...Grrrrr.

I had Mono when I was a senior.

Clorox should be available at any public place.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, girl. I appreciate the love.

You are a trip tho! I HAD to add ya to my blog list so I can check up on ya to have a laugh or two...

2:55 PM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

Im So feelin you on

#25,26,28.. oh and 88!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

LOL! I am too lazy to make a list like that. I'm bored too. I should be working, but I'm not. LOL!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Elle Jefe said...

You are a trip, there is too much similar between us based on that list! Although you have definitely had some unique experiences. You got robbed by a crackhead? How did you find him/her? I am sure there is a good storie behind that?

I hate other peoples' kids too, somedays I don't really care for my own that much! I am sure I will think of some more questions!

4:46 PM  
Blogger nikki said...

beautiful photo! i loved your answers. very candid.

i've got one question. what does it feel like to be in love?

6:17 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Miss A- I took everything done. Hopefully now those freaks will leave me the hell alone.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

I see that we have a few things in common, one of them is the braces.

I have been meaning to do a post like this to, but I just have not gotten around to it.

Have a great weekend!

11:15 PM  
Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

Great post!

I don't think I could reveal 50 things about mysef..i'm shady like that:-)

but here's a few.

i was a vegetarian for five years and woke up one day wanting a steak and never went back.

I moved all across the country to live with someone i'd never kissed before. (never again like the jews)

i don't like chocolate and only eat soy cream (the soy version of ice cream)

I have a thing for cuban men...totally random, but very very true!

ha ha good times!

1:25 AM  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

Damn....I only like 25 things about me...when I did something like this a while back.

btw...long legs can come in handy.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Don't Oppress Me said...

Look at you, lookin' all cute. Oh, what a diva!!!

#72: I say gon' slap a bitch, she had it coming, anyway.
#84: Me too, aren't we the Shiznit!

3:02 AM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

You are just way too funny! :)
I'm trippin' on your obsession with Queen Latifah. I've never heard anyone speak of her that way. I'll never forget when I saw her in concert in Savannah when I was in college. This was in 1990 when she first sat on her throne. I love the queen too, but you REALLY LOVE her!
By the way, I've always thought that the queen would play a really good Pearl Bailey if they ever decided to do a story of her life. Anyway, I learned a lot about you. Nice post!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MISS A Im glad I am the key behind the post..um but u went for the gusto on this one..ya ass is crazy...lmao U posted a lot....102 girl u wild

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a question just a few compliments> The first is that you're beautiful and the second is that I enjoyed your post.

2:45 PM  
Blogger chrome said...

jay-hay-zus christ that was long!

aight you lost 33 pounds last year! incredible. before and after pictures. I simply cant believe it (yeah i'm an old cynic).

love the video. one of my favourite groups back in the day.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

GIRL! Did you see Flavor of Love this weekend? Rrrrrrrrrrroflmao! Pumkin straight spit in New York's face! Girl! GIRL! I tell you one thing! Flav shoulda let New York whoop Pumkin's ass! Girl!

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

number 101 slightly disturbs me. the one where you are unconmfortable when there are large groups of Black people in your neighborhood?!?!? Thats a lillte f'ed up.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

@ epsilonicus-well dear, in the neighborhood i currently live in, the colored community (generally speaking) lacks class, couth, home-training and overall-good stuff. regardless to the fact that i grew up on a very secure, quiet cove nestled in the burbs, i now live in a very urban area where knee-length white tee-wearers who yell outside of their windows and cars are all the rage. standing at the bus stop, slanging all the naughty rocks....they litter, they cuss, they just make me nervous...and being that i have had a couple of bad run-ins with said group...i just ain't feelin them!!! i minds my own...i think the hood dwellers are f'ed up cuz nothing positive is being accomplished in these groups that congregate on the corners and such, just turmoil and degradation-so i say BOO! to them...dang, i just made it sound like i live in a crackhouse or something :-D but i do reserve the right to be uncomfortable cuz either they are doing illegal biznaz, or hollerin at the "hos" that go by or planning their next heist....all things that i just can't get with. i dont subscribe to the complexion connection, and it just so happens that the ones 'round my way are fools, just those ones, not all coloreds...just cuz we all brown, dont mean we all down (for good, that is)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

@ epsilonicus - also, thinking i could be comfortable around my fellow browns, slapped me on the ass...i got robbed, car all violated, and harrassed....that also contributes to the way i feel. and i thought it was all good, but ugly knows no bounds

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you explain it, I can understand why. You gotta qualify your statements sometimes. People can get confused.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home