Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Gimme My Damn Dollar, Chick!

i need help with this one, my umi (or somebody) needs to holla at me...

i ordered my lunch from RT today and was excited about my delectable salad that was being constructed just for moi!

so i took up the girl-over-the-phone's offer to use curbside service where i did not have to get out of my car, but my lunch would be brought to my window-GREAT!! well, she tells me 10-15 minutes and i'm there in 15. i sit there and wait for 7 more (yes, i counted) minutes beyond the 15 i was told. now, here's where the stankocity crept upon my attitude. i had a $20 bill. my order came to $9 even. i was glad because i needed to pass a $10 off when i got back to work and i had no more change. so here comes over-the-phone girl with my salad and i gave her the 20. i just knew she was gonna give me a 10 and a 1 dollar bill and i figured that i could spot her the "1" cuz she didn't really do anything and i had to wait extra time. it wasn't as if i was inside and she kept my drink glass full, checked on my meal, kept refreshing my crouton bowl-none of that, so i wasn't beat about tipping her anything. also, i'm not pressed about $1 but there are principalities at stake, here.

well, what in the green hell does this chick do??? she brings me 6 1's and a 5...presumably because she was expecting a tip greater than 1 and less than 5. i was not prepared for all these befangled 1's so when i opened the little leather case, the wind whipped all my little one's into the parking lot and you woulda thought it was raining MD 20/20 cuz ol' girl made some kinda whooping sound and scrampered all around gathering them up (and rightfully so). so i sat, watched and waited for her to hand me my 6 one's and she handed them to me one by one as if i was gonna get down to where both of us had 3 and 3 and say-"you got that" so i kept giving her the WTF face and as she handed me the 5th one and clenched the last, i said "you gon' give me that one too!" then i sped off to enjoy my yummy salad.

now, here is where i get caught up, i feel a little bad but not really. am i wrong for getting peeved because she altered the change so as to receive her (in my opinion) unearned tip? and then because she held my dollars hostage like she didn't want to give them back, then reluctantly handed me them with an all-too-watchful eye like i OWED her? how did she know i didn't already have a couple of singles in my bag-but OH NO!!! you want to cause a parking lot spectacle by ENSURING i had the change to tip you, even though i had to wait. i have a problem with the service industry thinking that just because you did your job, you have now earned kudos and crispy one's thrown in your direction. she made 20 steps to my car, 20 steps back for change, took too long doing it, and an added 87 steps dancing around in the wind, nonetheless, she didnt provide any exemplory service, anything above and beyond or impressive-just a to-go bag. and i dont care if tips are how you earn your money, if you need more financial security, dont put all your eggs in the restaurant basket-its too fickle an industry! cuz for me to tip you well, you have to dance a jig, give me a mint, compliment my hair , keep my glass full and NEVER put ice in my beverage!!! anything less, gets you the wink-and-the-gun and a polite "thank you"

(okay, the last sentence was a joke, they don't have to compliment my hair)

now was i wrong for catching attitude at her presumptiveness? i ain't no perfect man, i'm tryin' to do the best that i can-with what it is i have-lawd knows i don't TRY to be mean to the scamps of the world.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No you were right...what she should have done was bring enough change with her to change the 10 IN CASE you asked to, but brought you a 10 and a 1. Her fault *snickers*

1:51 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

mz. na-THANK YOU!! be prepared but dont be fast, cuz i'll snatch back the "1" and ya azz gets NONE!! LOL...

1:53 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

LMAO! Ummm is it me or did you change your font? LOL!
Girl you were right. The same thing happened to me and I hate when they do that. One time a guy gave me 10 one dollar bills.

Go here for a list of J's movies. Don't be put off by the titles, there geared towards men so some of them are just ick! Any of the titles with his name in it means its just him and chicks.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

yup, i changed it but ima change it back...and im still mad cuz i needed a 10 and now i have a bunch of wind-blown, crumpled 1's and a 5...i hate owning and/or giving crusty money

3:07 PM  
Blogger Msnhim said...

LMAO.... that was funny!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

I’m LMAO…that chick tried you! I don’t feel like you should have given her anything while they are taking all day to give you your food on your LUNCH BREAK!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Gallis said...

Stankocity indeed!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Sherlon Christie said...

aww....Ruby's is the shit. They built one across the street from my job...and we eat there almost every night.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

msnhim-tu chez! but im still pissed about the ugly money i have to pass on :-S

"n"-thanks-thats what i thought...but sometimes i doubt my responses to foolishness

zesty-i think there are derivitives of stank that can be used in future posts...lol

spchrist-I KNOW!!!! their salads are crazy!

9:37 AM  
Blogger AWE said...

Don't get me started on tipping. You did the right thing.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

i don't believe in not tipping. except when you didn't do shit. if i go in and pick my shit up or sit in my car for you to bring it to me, you didn't earn that. so.... "gimme me damn dollar, chick!!"

2:29 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

awe-i know thats right

jameil-LMAO!!! i hears ya!!!!!!!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were right for gettin' mad. How is she gonna assume you were gonna give her a tip?? And then she tried to cop an attitude?? You did right just zooming off.



Let this be a lesson for her: Never count somebody else's money as if it were your own.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

epsilonicus-ooh, i like that saying at the end!!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Yes, you were wrong for giving the poor soul attitude. And she was wrong for clutching on to your dollars for dear life. She was probably trained to bring the customers singles to make it convenient for those who want to tip.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Don't Oppress Me said...

'Umi Says' is my SONG. Never seen the video though!
You know, I'm a [s]tipper, but even I wouldn't have gave her nothing.
The nerve...but you gotta give sista her props for trying to pimp the system and get her tip with them ones.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

shawn-i hear ya, cuz maybe possibly perhaps i should've told her to give me my money a little nicer, but her assumptions peeved me to high hills!

D.O.M.-i just feel like, dont be mad at me cuz u have to hustle your ends...i could never be a waitress cuz my attitude isnt built for that and its too
unstable. you never know what you're gonna get.
p.s. i'm the pimp cuz i got entertained with a mid-day dance show for FREE!!! YAYEE-YAYEE!!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Adei von K said...

This is too funny! First of all, I don't like ice in my drinks either. Secondly, HELL NAW you weren't wrong/mean/stanky for what you did. She thought she was slick with all them damn ones...George Washington and I are NOT friends!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

@ stacie-hee hee!! thats what i thought...thanx for the co-sign tho!

3:10 PM  
Blogger GoddessNoir said...

wow, that was funny, but, you were right. I believe in tipping but when it is EXPECTED, (you can see it in their eyes and as you experienced, their unwillingness to give you YOUR money), I gives them nuthin. (that's right, said gives)

8:29 PM  
Blogger GoddessNoir said...

wow, that was funny, but, you were right. I believe in tipping but when it is EXPECTED, (you can see it in their eyes and as you experienced, their unwillingness to give you YOUR money), I gives them nuthin. (that's right, said gives)

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home