Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Me, My Sista Neva Part, Makee-Daa Daa

WORD OF THE DAY:: aberration n. - the disorder of the mind; deviation from a type or standard.

ok, so i'm minding my own business this morning, trying to head off to the plantation and beat the morning traffic. but as i am attempting to get in the car, my neighbor approaches me and says "goooood mornin sista. i wonda if i can get jump from your car. mine not stahtin." (yes, he has a thick accent) so i paused for about 3 1/2 seconds before i blinked and said "um, NOPE!" and hopped in the ride. what type of aberration was this man suffering from to even approach me like that? or better yet, what type of aberration did he think i might be experiencing to be so gracious to him, a complete stranger who works my last nerve? we aren't friends. and i certainly will not sacrifice being on time and get in trouble with Massa just to help you out...i don't even know your name. you should have that AAA like i do cuz they have that free-standing battery thing that can jump you without having to suck the life from anyone's personal car battery...or at least have a buddy or someone to call that knows you.

now, once i was contently driving away bopping to the morning tunes, i reflected on that brief interaction and said, maybe you were being mean, miss a. maybe you should have let him jump his raggedy piece of car...he might be late for work or whatever. but then i quickly snapped back into reality. first off, just because we are both of the brown persuasion, don't call me "sista" all sweet cuz you need something. when we cross paths on a regular day and your piece of car is working properly, i don't get a "gooood mornin sista" or "hello der sista" or "how are you tooooday sista." but when you need this SISTA and the juice that flows through my ride's pipes, its all pleasant and familial. or maybe when you and your ashy wife and sister are messing up my water pressure taking 20 baths a day, where is your concern for SISTA downstairs? or maybe when you are cooking your buffalo or antelope or zebras making the whole joint smell like a national geographic special, what about poor SISTA's nasal passages and eyes that are burning from the stench? or maybe when SISTA is trying to relax and listen to some jazz and sip some wine and all ya'll decide to have a tribal ceremony complete with drums and bells and ish, causing all types of ruckus and making my poor cat have a heart attack, what about that? you don't think twice about SISTA till ya need something.

BOTTOM LINE, unless your name is celie and we were separated while we skipped through flowers and sang that makee-daa-daa song....or unless you came through the same birth canal that i ventured through, I AIN'T YOUR SISTA!!!!! i hate that convenient sense of community...good luck with that raggedy corolla, though.

Sincerely,
YOUR SISTA

14 Comments:

Blogger GoddessNoir said...

ha ha, that is too funny, I hate that convenient sense of community stuff too

2:35 PM  
Blogger LUVIN ME said...

Thanks doe stopping by my spot!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

goddess-i think the spirit of black history month hasn't hit me yet..lol

insanely-ya know?? these fools would take the draws from my behind, but can never extend themselves for the sake of being a good "brother" lol...and maybe you should start manufacturing that STFU & LMTHA drink, i'd buy a case!!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Now you know you were wrong! It took you all of 3 seconds to say 'no' to him? Did you even fake like you were conflicted? LOL! If only that was captured on video...damn!

4:55 PM  
Blogger princessdominique said...

That was hilarious!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

lol,
shawn- sad but true, i couldn't even fake it...he works my nerve, him and the wild kingdom upstairs!!

princess-hon, you wouldn't believe my adventures..i even have to laugh sometimes :-)

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn I loved every inkling of detail..your ass needs your own show..I hate that shit yo...U can see a person everyday and they never speak, then all of a sudden they need your help. But see my mom always tells me "You never know when you will need someone" so be kind..cuz errbody needs somebody...

6:15 AM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

yazmar-thanks boo! i hear that a lot..i'm currently interviewing cameramen to follow me around and catch my shining moments..lol. but you r right we all need someone, maybe i should be nicer next time. SIKE!!! maybe if him and unfoofoo and 'em didnt work my last split nerve i would be cool, but they find a way to cut up every day. p.s. i really didn't want the rusty corolla infecting my ride cuz i've only had it for 3 months..she's still a virgin!!!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

OH MY GOT! You are fricking hilarious! LOL! This is going down in the hall of fame! So I take it, it aint Adam, Olivia and Tashi living upstairs? LOL! This post was Classic! I almost spewed my laptop with tea!

And Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan are something else. I know I may have a dirty mind (lol I pride myself on it) but you can't have the kind of chemistry them two have and not be getting it on! I'm just saying!

Thanks for stopping by! You made my morning!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss A you have been officially hit by YazmarsBreakthrough...so u are linked...so what car has been a virgin?

10:42 AM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

shawn-girl, my life is a paragon....but i'm glad my adventures bring laughter to the blogiverse. and i feel u about the couple insinuation...thats prolly why they sound so good.

yaz-yippee!!! i gotta figure out how to do that too. and cecilia is just an accord, but she is my first grown car, she's the big girl of accords, ex, v6, fully loaded woman...hee, hee. my other one was wack, no power, cloth, just boo-boo.

10:52 AM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

boy you are cold....damn....hate to piss you off....don't you hate it when folks pass you by like to ships in the night, but when they need something...ya'll brothers and sistas from another mother.....i hate that shit...good post

11:09 AM  
Blogger M-Dubb said...

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY THAT DEAL!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

m-dubb-(taking a bow) thanx so much, im glad yall can enjoy my tales from the hood..lol

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home